By Amy Tung, Valley Home Dining
Photos: Courtesy of Teresa Horgan Photography
Amy lives and works in her hometown of New Paltz, where her passion for food is fueled by the people and bounty of the Valley. Working and collaborating with local small businesses enables Valley Home Dining to provide an elevated and authentic dining experience.
Amy supports local purveyors, such as Hudson Valley Seafood, Karl Family Farms, Indoor Organic Gardens of Poughkeepsie, Tributary Farm and many more.
For more information, visit valleyhomedining.com. █
2. Place grated zucchini on a clean kitchen towel.
3. Squeeze the zucchini to release the liquid.
4. Combine the zucchini and the rest of the ingredients.
5 Heat a nonstick frying pan. Add the oil.
6. Form 2 tablespoons of the mixture into a ball at a time.
7. Carefully place in oil.
8. Flatten with the prongs of a fork or spatula. Turning once, crisp for about 1 minute.
9. Repeat on second side. Drain on paper towels.
10. Transfer to a plate and serve with a dollop of crème fraiche.
11. Garnish with lemon zest.
4 bronzini fillets, skin-on and bones removed
2 tsp. of salt
2 tsp. of smoked paprika
2 tbsp. of safflower oil or other non-GMO vegetable oil
2 cups of diced fresh pineapple
¼ cup finely chopped red onion
2 cloves of finely chopped garlic
¼ cup of finely chopped cilantro
Juice of 1 lime
2 tsp. of chili powder
1 tsp. of salt